This trek features the amazing Annapurna Sanctuary, with Annapurna Base Camp as the goal, set in an amphitheater surrounded by enormous snow capped peaks with Annapurna 1, Annapurna South and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) as the most prominent. The scenery here is breathtaking as it is along the length of the trek. Featuring lush forests, hillside farmland, waterfalls and streams and villages nestled on hillsides under snow capped peaks.
Another highlight is sunrise at Poon Hill, situated on a hill above Ghorepani you will have the opportunity to watch the sun rise here and bathe the snow capped peaks in the pink and golden hues of first light.
This walk has very little walking at altitude so it’s possible to get up close to enormous peaks with little chance of altitude sickness. This is a moderately paced trek that is reasonably challenging due to the vast number of stairs as well as ascent/descent per day but is suited to anyone of above average fitness levels.
- Pokhara – the beautiful lake side city set under the Annapurna Range.
- Poon Hill sunrise – watch the sun rise and light up the snow capped peaks of both the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges.
- Beautiful waterfalls and cascades between Ghorepani and Tadapani.
- Chhomrong – a charming village perched on the hillside with stunning views of Annapurna South and the surrounding snow capped peaks.
- Machhapuchhre Base Camp – at the base of Mt Fishtail (Machhapuchhre) with stunning mountain panorama.
- Annapurna Base Camp – stunning close up 360 degree views of the huge snow capped peaks that ring the Annapurna Sanctuary.
- Hot springs at JhinuDanda – A warm and welcome treat at the end of our trek.
- Day 01:Kathmandu Arrival
- Day 02:Fly to Pokhara
- Day 03:Drive to NayaPul then trek to Ulleri (2050m) 5-6hrs
- Day 04:Ulleri (2050m) to Ghorepani (2750m) 4-5 hrs
- Day 05:Ghorepani (2750m) –Poon Hill (3210m) to Tadapani (2700m) 6hrs
- Day 06:Tadapani (2700m) to Chhomrong (2170m) 6 hrs
- Day 07:Chhomrong (2170m) to Bamboo (2310m) 4-5 hrs
- Day 08:Bamboo (2310m) to Deurali (3230m) 3-4 hrs
- Day 09:Deurali (3230m) to ABC (Annapurna Base Camp) (4130m) via MBC (Machhapuchhre Base Camp) (3700m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 10:ABC (4130m) to Bamboo (2310m) 7-8 hrs
- Day 11:Bamboo (2310m) to JhinuDanda (1760m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 12:JhinuDanda (1760m) to Tolkha (1700m) 5 hrs
- Day 13:Tolkha (1700m) to Phedi 6 hrs
- Day 14:Pokhara to Kathmandu 5-6 hrs
- Day 15:Departure day
- All accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- All domestic flights and transportation as stated in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Trekking fees and permits
- Set meals during trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- One porter per 2 people and local mountain guide for your group
- Insurances for porters and guides
- Farewell dinner and cultural show
- International flights to Nepal
- Visa costs
- Meals other than those listed in inclusions (this includes additional tea or coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and water)
- Laundry, towels, hot showers where optional, internet access, recharging of batteries and other items of a personal nature
- Donations to enter monasteries, museums etc
- Tips for porters and guides
- Day 1Kathmandu Arrival It’s arrival day today and you will be picked up by our representative from the airport and transferred to your hotel. Tonight we will have a tour briefing and make final preparations for our trek.
- Day 2Fly to PokharaThis morning we have a short flight to Pokhara. On arrival in Pokhara you will have some free time to wander around and enjoy this beautiful lakeside town. There is a lot to do, you can go for a boat ride on the lake at lakeside or do some souvenir shopping or just relax at one of the lakeside bars or café’s. Overnight in Pokhara. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 3Drive to NayaPul then trek to Ulleri (2050m) 5-6hrsWe start our day with a drive to NayaPul (1 hour) which is the starting point of our trek. It fairly easy to start with a gradual ascent along the road through farmland and villages. After lunch we begin the exhausting climb to Ulleri which consists of thousands of stairs. It’s worth it for the incredible view over the surrounding countryside. Overnight in Ulleri. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 4Ulleri (2050m) to Ghorepani (2750m) 4-5 hrsOur trekking starts today with our first taste of some of the incredible lush forest that is a feature of this trek. With lots of waterfalls and streams running through it is peaceful and picturesque. After lunch we arrive at Ghorepani which is a lovely village with incredible mountain views as well as a lot of handicrafts on sale and the opportunity to view local life. Overnight in Ghorepani. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 5Ghorepani (2750m) –Poon Hill (3210m) to Tadapani (2700m) 6hrsThis morning is one of the highlights of this trek with an early morning walk to Poon Hill for sunrise. It’s a 1 hour walk up stairs to the top (500m ascent) but from here we are rewarded with incredible views of both the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges. You will have the opportunity to witness the sun lighting up the surrounding peaks first with pinks and then golden gues. From here we return to our hotel for breakfast before starting our trek to Tadapani. It’s a walk through beautiful rhododendron forest that is often shrouded in mist before continuing on through a beautiful gorge that follows a creek resulting in waterfalls and cascades around every corner. Overnight in Tadapani. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 6Tadapani (2700m) to Chhomrong (2170m) 6 hrsIt’s a fairly easy day walking today through farmland and hillside before a descent to cross a suspension bridge and then a final climb to Chhomrong. Located on the top of the hillside this is a fairly large village that boasts incredible mountain views. Overnight in Chhomrong. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 7Chhomrong (2170m) to Bamboo (2310m) 4-5 hrsIt’s a steep descent this morning from Chhomrong via stone stairs to the raging river below. On the other side it’s an uphill climb to Sinuwa and a welcome break before a fairly easy walk through thick forest to Bamboo. Overnight in Bamboo. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 8Bamboo (2310m) to Deurali (3230m) 3-4 hrsThe first part of our day is a chilly walk through thick forest before reaching Himalaya where the forest canopy opens up and we can start to see the vista of high cliffs and peaks above us. The rest of the day is a gradual ascent through the valley before arriving at Deurali where we have some pretty views of the valley below. Overnight in Deurali. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 9Deurali (3230m) to ABC (Annapurna Base Camp) (4130m) via MBC (Machhapuchhre Base Camp) (3700m) 5-6 hrsOur day starts today with a walk along the rough track with a gradual ascent to Machhapuchhre Base Camp. Here we can get our first taste of the amazing Annapurna Sanctuary with 360 degree views of the surrounding enormous snow capped peaks. From here we carry on to Annapurna BASe Camp on a very easy gradually ascending trail through the valley. On arrival at ABC we have incredible panoramic views of the surrounding peaks featuring Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Annapurna 1, Hiunchuli and a host of smaller peaks. It’s a 360 degree panorama all around and the path to ABC is undeniably the most beautiful section of this trek. Overnight at ABC. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 10ABC (4130m) to Bamboo (2310m) 7-8 hrsIt’s time to head back the way we came. The morning is particularly beautiful as the weather is normally clear and without cloud. Overnight at Bamboo. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 11Bamboo (2310m) to JhinuDanda (1760m) 5-6 hrsWe backtrack to Chhomrong today and we may spot some monkeys in the forest as we pass through. It’s a steep climb up the stairs to Chhomrong but the going is easier with the lower altitude. From Chhomrong we descend steeply to JhinuDanda. Here we are rewarded with the opportunity to enjoy the hot springs here. This is a really great way for us to end our day and enjoy the hot bath after our long trek.
- Day 12JhinuDanda (1760m) to Tolkha (1700m) 5 hrsIt’s an easy day of walking today through rolling hillside and villages before we reach Tolkha.
- Day 13Tolkha (1700m) to Phedi 6 hrsIt’s the final leg of our trek today. With a 5 hour walk to Dhampus. Lunch in Dhampus gives us an opportunity to capture village life under the backdrop of incredible views of the surrounding mountains. From here it’s down hill to Phedi where we are picked up by vehicle and taken to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara.
- Day 14Pokhara to Kathmandu 5-6 hrsAfter breakfast we travel back to Kathmandu by private vehicle. Sit back and enjoy the views of the countryside and villages along the way. Tonight we will have a farewell dinner and cultural show to enjoy.
- Day 15Departure dayYou are free to depart at any time. Transfer to the airport will be arranged for you.
"Oh wie schön ist Nepal!" / "Oh how beautiful is Nepal!"
Das erste mal war ich 2013 für ca. 1 Monat in Nepal.
Für unsere Trekking Tour zum ABC haben wir einen Guide gesucht und Arjun gefunden.
Er ist ein super professioneller, lustiger und netter Mensch wir hätten uns keinen besseren Guide vorstellen können.
Das letzte mal war ich im Mai 2017 in Nepal - Arjun hat alles für uns organisiert und geplant. Auf ihn ist 100 Prozent Verlass.
Wenn ihr in Nepal nach einem verlässlichen Tour Guide sucht- mit dem man auch noch Spass haben kann - seid ihr bei ihm an der richtigen Adresse!! Egal in welcher Region ihr unterwegs seid und egal wie geübt ihr seid.
Von uns ein Riesen Dankeschön an Arjun!!!!
Er spricht übrigens auch super englisch und lernt gerne deutsch.
The first time I was in Nepal in 2013 for about 1 month.
For our trekking tour to the ABC, we searched for a guide and found Arjun.
He is a super professional, fun and nice person we could not have imagined a better guide.
The last time I was in Nepal in May 2017 - Arjun organized and planned everything for us. He is 100% reliable.
If you are looking for a reliable tour guide in Nepal - with which you can still have fun - you are in the right place with him!! No matter what region you are in and no matter how practised you are.
A big thank you to Arjun !!!!
Incidentally, he also speaks great English and likes to learn German.
This itinerary may differ slightly during your tour. Occasionally itineraries need to change to allow for weather conditions, transportation , travellers desires etc. It is recommended that you allow an additional 1-2 days before your international flight to allow for mountain airport delays and other unforeseen circumstances.