Langtang is a region in the Himalayas of Nepal to the north of the Kathmandu Valley and bordering Tibet. The Langtang National Park is located in the area. Despite being very close to Kathmandu, the Langtang Region is high and wild as any of the Tibetan highlands with tranquil rural landscapes that warm the heart. The local folks who live in the highlands of the Langtang region are surely Nepalese but most of them trace their roots to Tibet, they even look like the Tibetans. Because of this, Nepal’s Langtang region is one of the most sought after trekking regions for those short on time and want to do a short trek from Kathmandu into the Himalayas with special interest in Tibetan lifestyles. The fantastic reasons for a visit to this particular region are the varieties of rhododendron, dense bamboo forests, dancing waterfalls and close up views of snowcapped Himalayas which all combine to make Trekking the lovely Langtang Valley one of the most dissimilar treks that are so close to ancient Kathmandu.
- Adventurous teahouse trek and hike along beautiful forest, river, waterfalls, valley, landscapes and mountains.
- Langtang region is famous for the Red Panda. (Chance to see Red Panda)
- Hike to Tsergor-Ri (5,000m.) for spectacular Mountain Views
- Breathtaking views of Ganjala Range, Dorje Lakpa Range, Khemjung Glacier
- Visit Cheese factory and oldest Buddhist monastery in Kyanjin Gompa.
- Visit UNESCO cultural world heritage sites in Kathmandu city.
- Day 01:Kathmandu Arrival
- Day 02:Kathmandu Sightseeing and Trip Preparation
- Day 03:Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1550m), 8 hours drive
- Day 04:Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2380m), 7 hours walking
- Day 05:Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3430m), 7 hours walking
- Day 06:Langtang Village to Kyanjing Gompa (3870m), 3 hours walking
- Day 07:Kyanjin Gompa exploration day
- Day 08:Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel - 5 hours walking
- Day 09:Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi, 5 hours walking
- Day 10:Drive Back to Kathmandu, 8 hours drive
- Day 11:Departure day
- All accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- All domestic flights and transportation as stated in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Trekking fees and permits
- Set meals during trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- One porter per 2 people and local mountain guide for your group
- Insurances for porters and guides
- Farewell dinner and cultural show
- International flights to Nepal
- Visa costs
- Meals other than those listed in inclusions (this includes additional tea or coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and water)
- Laundry, towels, hot showers where optional, internet access, recharging of batteries and other items of a personal nature
- Donations to enter monasteries, museums etc
- Tips for porters and guides
- Day 1Kathmandu Arrival It’s arrival day today and you will be picked up by our representative from the airport and transferred to your hotel. Tonight we will have a tour briefing and make final preparations for our trek.Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 2Kathmandu Sightseeing and Trip Preparation We have a day of sightseeing in Kathmandu today visiting some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites here. We will start the day with a visit to PashupatinathTemple which is one of the most sacred Hindu sites and the location of the cremation ghats. From here we visit BoudhanathStupa which is a large Buddhist Stupa and an important pilgrimage place for Buddhists. We then visit Patan Durbar Square and the surrounding area, famous for it’s temple square, golden temple and metalwork that are crafted here. We finish the day at SwayambhunathStupa (the Monkey Temple) located on a hill overlooking the Kathmandu Valley it features a pretty Buddhist Stupa and Hindu Temple with incredible views over the city of Kathmandu. On completion of our sightseeing we will have a trip briefing to prepare for our trekking and you will have time for some last minute shopping for supplies. Overnight in Kathmandu. Included Meals - breakfast.
- Day 3Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1550m), 8 hours drive After an early breakfast, we set out from Kathmandu for a 7-8 -hour scenic cruise down to Syabru Besi. This is a major village town and trading post for the people who stay in this region. The locals come down here to buy their essential commodities. After driving for something like 30 km, we approach pristine villages on the banks of the river Trishuli. We also get to view the enchanting panorama of the Himalaya, including the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and the well known peaks of the Langtang region. Overnight at Syabru Besi, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 4Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2380m), 7 hours walking We Cross through the suspension bridge while heading precipitously along a stream. The River we are following is a lot of the Langtang River. We can enjoy our walk going through oak, rhododendron and bamboo forests. There is also a variety of wildlife in these forests: yellow-throated martens, wild boars, frisky langur monkeys, red pandas and Himalayan black bears are some of them we are most likely to come across in this area. Overnight in Lama Hotel, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 5Lama Hotel to Langtang Village (3430m), 7 hours walking Early morning after b/fast, we head from lama hotel to continue our ascent above the Langtang Khola. As the trail progresses, it becomes steeper. We have the most exotic sights of Langtang Lirung lying at 7,246 meter. The trail leads to a log bridge and on climbing further we come across lush meadows of Ghora Tabela at 3000m. We will see several lodges and a police check post. Further on, the route opens up into a wide valley of yak pastures and scattered Tamang villages with water-driven mills and prayer wheels. We arrive at Langtang valley after crossing a stream and reaching up a height of 3500 meters. Langtang village is the headquarters for Langtang National Park and has flat-roofed Tibetan style houses, hotels and cultivated lands yielding buckwheat, potatoes, wheat, turnips, barley etc. this is a great place to haul up for the night. Overnight at Langtang Village, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 6Langtang Village to Kyanjing Gompa (3870m), 3 hours walking We pass through the tiny village, stone-built houses and climb to a Chorten and pass a huge mani along a gentle path of a hill. The valley relocates to a U-shaped one as we enter into a level of riverbed. Today is pretty short walking; allowing time to acclimatize and explore our surroundings. This place is famous for cheese and curd. We could sample some. Overnight at Kyangjin Gompa, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 7Kyanjin Gompa exploration day We take a day off for explore Kyanjin Gompa and a proper rest. We get to explore interesting places like a nearby monastery, and a cheese factory etc. We can climb Kyangjin Ri located at 4350m from where amazing views of snow-capped mountains lie wonderfully spread out right next to us. We can walk up the moraine to see the spectacular mountain ridges and undulating glaciers. Overnight at Kyanjin Gompa, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 8Kyanjing Gompa to Lama Hotel - 5 hours walking After a healthy breakfast in the morning, we trek downhill to Lama Hotel. It is about 5 hours relaxed hiking at our pace, which goes through the beautiful green forest and ethnic Tamang settlements. Overnight at Lama Hotel, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 9Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi, 5 hours walking After a delicious hot breakfast, we leave the mountains behind us as our descent takes us at a gentle pace back to Syabru Bensi where our trek started a week earlier. Overnight at Syabrubesi, Meals- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 10Drive Back to Kathmandu, 8 hours drive After a hearty breakfast at our own pace, we pack up and get set for our drive to Kathmandu where the comforts of our hotel await us with a soft comfortable bed. The evening in Kathmandu can either be spent in leisure or perhaps we catch up with some last minute shopping. Overnight in Kathmandu, Meals- Breakfast.
- Day 11Departure day You are free to depart at any time. Transfer to the airport will be arranged for you. Included meals – breakfast.
This itinerary may differ slightly during your tour. Occasionally itineraries need to change to allow for weather conditions, transportation , travellers desires etc. It is recommended that you allow an additional 1-2 days before your international flight to allow for mountain airport delays and other unforeseen circumstances.