This amazing trek will take you into the heart of the Himalaya’s, thought to be the “home of the gods” by the mountain people. With incredible scenery and a backdrop of the world’s tallest peaks the Khumbu is a photographers paradise. Lined with picturesque villages under a canopy of snow capped peaks the Solokhumbu (Everest Region) is one of the most incredible places on earth.
You will have the chance to get a chance to see Mt Everest and the surrounding ranges from one of the most beautiful panoramic viewpoints. There is opportunity to visit some of the monasteries in the region and experience the Buddhist tradition and Sherpa culture of the region.
This trek does not include any high altitude trekking and is suitable for most people of reasonable levels of fitness. Also perfect for families and children.
- Fly into Lukla airport - considered by some the most exciting commercial airport on earth.
- Views from above Namche Bazaar get great views of Mt Everest and the surrounding ranges.
- Waterfalls and gorge scenery along DudhKosi River.
- Namche Bazaar, beautiful town set amongst towering mountains and is the main hub of the region.
- Visit the pretty village of Thame surrounded by snow capped peaks where Tenzing Norgay grew up and visit the local monastery.
- Get a chance to see the yeti skull at the KhumjungGompa and see the local Sherpa way of life in this pretty village.
- Day 01:Kathmandu Arrival
- Day 02:Fly to Lukla (2840m) then trek toPhakding (2610m) 8.5km 4 hrs
- Day 03:Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 10.5km 6-8 hrs
- Day 04:Namche – acclimatization day
- Day 05:Namche (3440m) - Thame (3820m) 8km 4-6hrs
- Day 06:Thame (3820m) to Khumjung(3780m) 11 km 6 hrs
- Day 07:Khumjung (3820m) to Phakding (2610m) 13km 6hrs
- Day 08:Phakding (2610m) to Lukla (2840m) 8.5 km 3-4hrs
- Day 09:Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 10:Departure day
- All accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- All domestic flights and transportation as stated in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Trekking fees and permits
- Set meals during trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- One porter per 2 people and local mountain guide for your group
- Insurances for porters and guides
- Farewell dinner and cultural show
- International flights to Nepal
- Visa costs
- Meals other than those listed in inclusions (this includes additional tea or coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and water)
- Laundry, towels, hot showers where optional, internet access, recharging of batteries and other items of a personal nature
- Donations to enter monasteries, museums etc
- Tips for porters and guides
- Day 1Kathmandu Arrival Today is arrival day. You will be picked up at the airport by our staff and transferred to your hotel. At 4pm we meet for our tour briefing and final preparations for your trip.
- Day 2Fly to Lukla (2840m) then trek toPhakding (2610m) 8.5km 4 hrs It’s an exciting morning with a scenic mountain flight to Lukla, the most amazing airport in the world. Be sure to get a seat on the left hand side of the plane so you can see the peaks of the Himalayas on the way. On arrival in Lukla we stop for some breakfast beside the airport where we can watch the planes arriving. After breakfast it’s an easy walk to Phakding where we can explore the surrounding area or just rest after our first day trekking.
- Day 3Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 10.5km 6-8 hrs We begin the day at Phakding and walk along the gorge past waterfalls and beautiful scenery until we arrive at the highest suspension bridge on our trek. From here it’s a steep uphill (and one of the hardest climbs on the trek) climb for around 4 hours before arriving at Namche Bazaar.
- Day 4Namche – acclimatization day This morning we walk above Namche via the NamcheGompa (Monastery) where we can learn a little about the traditional Buddhist Monasteries and Sherpa history of the region. On climbing the hill above Namche we can view the Everest View Hotel and get a panoramic view of the mountain ranges that surround us. We also can get a great view of Mt Everest from this spot. We return to Namche via the Syangboche Airstrip and have the afternoon free for last minute shopping or watching the Sherpa movie at one of the local café’s.
- Day 5Namche (3440m) - Thame (3820m) 8km 4-6hrsWe walk to Thame today along the BhoteKosiriver with picturesque villages along the way. For lunch we stop at Thamo which has recently built a new temple building for the nunnery there, its is a magnificently ornate building and if lucky there may be an opportunity to sit with the nuns during prayer time. This is the main trading route to Tibet and is less travelled by trekkers thus much of the village life is very traditional. Thame is the childhood home of Tenzing Norgay and is nestled amongst 9 over 6000m snow capped peaks. The river that flows beside the village is one of the best spots in the region for photography.
- Day 6Thame (3820m) to Khumjung(3780m) 11 km 6 hrs In the morning we trek up to the ThameMonastery which is the oldest in the Khumbu. From here we backtrack towards Namche but instead walk uphill to Khumjung via the Syangboche Airstrip. Khumjung is the main village in the region where the local homes are based and is a great place to view local life and culture. The Khumjung Monastery is the home of the Yeti skull and a visit to hear is an opportunity to get a glimpse of this artifact.
- Day 7Khumjung (3820m) to Phakding (2610m) 13km 6hrs This morning we head back down the mountain. It’s an easy walk that’s all downhill.
- Day 8Phakding (2610m) to Lukla (2840m) 8.5 km 3-4hrs It’s a really easy day walk back to Lukla today. We will arrive by lunch time and that leaves time for some exploring, shopping or just relaxing.
- Day 9Lukla to Kathmandu Today we fly back to Kathmandu where we can do some shopping in Thamel or sightseeing. This evening we will have a group farewell dinner and cultural show.
- Day 10Departure day You are free to depart at any time. Transfer to the airport will be arranged for you.
This itinerary may differ slightly during your tour. Occasionally itineraries need to change to allow for weather conditions, transportation , travellers desires etc. It is recommended that you allow an additional 1-2 days before your international flight to allow for mountain airport delays and other unforeseen circumstances.