This incredible tour allows us to experience the best of Nepal with no trekking or altitude. Visit the UNESCO world heritage sites around the Kathmandu Valley. Experience the traditional life, culture, history and architecture. Spend time on wildlife safari in Chitwan, with early morning elephant rides through the jungle searching for rhino’s and watching the sunset by the river. Experience magnificent mountain views throughout the trip and visit some beautiful viewpoints for sunrise. Photograph the boats on the lake at sunset in the most picturesque location in Nepal. Enjoy the stark and arid beauty of Mustang marveling at the unique architecture and way of life. Enjoy a spot of adventure white water rafting the Trisuli River and spend a couple of days in an authentic village experiencing and photographing daily life. This and so much more, this trip is perfect for anyone. Including kids and people with limited fitness.
- Explore and photograph the UNESCO World Heritage sites in the Kathmandu Valley – rich in history, culture and spirituality.
- Enjoy relaxing with mountain views and city views from Nagarkot.
- Have fun with a spot of white water rafting to bring out the adventure in you.
- Go on wildlife safari in Chitwan.
- Enjoy a mountain sunrise from Bandipur.
- Photograph the boats on the lake at sunset in Pokhara.
- Capture the stark and arid landscape and architecture of Mustang from Kagbeni.
- Enjoy one of the most thrilling mountain flights in Nepal.
- Spend time in a traditional village photographing people, life and culture…... plus kids
- Day 01:Kathmandu (Bhaktapur) arrival
- Day 02:Bhaktapur
- Day 03:Bhaktapur - Nagarkot
- Day 04:Nagarkot – Trisuli River rafting - Chitwan
- Day 05:Chitwan National Park
- Day 06:Chitwan National Park
- Day 07:Chitwan - Bandipur
- Day 08:Bandipur - Pokhara
- Day 09:Pokhara
- Day 10:Pokhara – flight to Jomsom - Kagbeni
- Day 11:Kagbeni – Lupra - Jomsom
- Day 12:Jomsom – Pokhara – Begnas Lake Village Homestay
- Day 13:Begnas Lake Village Homestay
- Day 14:Pokhara to Kathmandu flight then Kathmandu sightseeing
- Day 15:Kathmandu sightseeing
- Day 16:Departure Day
- All accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- All domestic flights and transportation as stated in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Park, UNESCO site fees and permits
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Local guide for the duration of the trip
- Porters and drivers as required during the trip
- Insurances for porters, guides and drivers
- Farewell dinner and cultural show
- International flights to Nepal
- Visa costs
- Meals other than those listed in inclusions (this includes additional tea or coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and water)
- Laundry, towels, hot showers where optional, internet access, recharging of batteries and other items of a personal nature
- Donations to enter monasteries, museums etc
- Tips for porters and guides
- Day 1Kathmandu (Bhaktapur) arrival It’s arrival day today and a representative will meet you at the airport. You will be transferred to our hotel in Bhaktapur. There will be a tour meeting tonight at 6pm followed by dinner in Bhaktapur. Overnight in Bhaktapur. Included meals – dinner.
- Day 2BhaktapurKathmandu consists of three towns – Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur. Each of these have UNESCO world heritage listed areas which preserve the history and architecture of the area. Bhaktapur is possibly the most well preserved of these ancient cities with temple studded squares, narrow streets winding between red brick houses and hidden courtyards filled with temples and statues. Part of the charm of Bhaktapur is that it is free from traffic as it’s streets are mostly pedestrian. It’s also famous for it’s pottery and the pottery square is filled with drying pots and open kilns.
This morning we will watch the sunrise from the rooftop of our hotel and after breakfast we start our morning sightseeing tour with our city guide. We spend the morning sightseeing and visiting the temples and palaces of Bhaktapur. In the late afternoon we visit the World Heritage listed temple of Changu Narayan. It is the oldest temple in the Kathmandu Valley and sits on a hill above the valley surrounded by rice fields and farmland. Overnight in Bhaktapur. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 3Bhaktapur - NagarkotWe travel by private mini-bus today to Nagarkot, it is a 1 hour drive just to the north of Bhaktapur on the hills surrounding the Kathmandu Valley. It’s a scenic drive through picturesque farmland overlooking the Kathmandu Valley. On arrival in Nagarkot we can explore the area, walk through local villages and just relax and soak up the views over the Kathmandu Valley and also the Langtang Range of snow capped peaks to the north. Overnight in Nagarkot. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 4Nagarkot – Trisuli River rafting - ChitwanBefore breakfast we will drive to the water tower sunrise viewpoint where we can enjoy beautiful views of the snow capped peaks of the Langtang range before returning to our hotel for breakfast. From here we head off to the Trisuli River to do a bit of white water rafting. Rafting is a fun and exciting diversion to our photography and we spend the morning paddling through valleys of terraced farms and small hamlets before stopping for a picnic lunch. After lunch we drive for 2-3 hours to Chitwan. It is located to the south near the border of India in the Terai (lowlands). Chitwan National park consists of 932 square km’s of virgin forest, grasslands and lakelands. It is the home of the one horned rhinoceros and also the Bengal tiger (rare) along with many species of deer, sloth bear, crocodiles, birds and many other wildlife. Overnight in Sauraha. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 5Chitwan National ParkToday we start the day with an early morning elephant safari through the jungle, we can enjoy watching the swirling mist rise through the thick jungle canopy and hopefully spot some rhino’s and other wildlife. From here it’s back to the hotel for breakfast. After this we can enjoy a bullock cart ride to a nearby village where we have the chance to meet and photograph some of the friendly locals and get a look at traditional village life. In the afternoon we embark on a canoe trip along the river. It’s a great chance to spot some crocodiles and bird life along the river. We end our trip at the elephant breeding center where we can see the elephants coming in for the evening and being fed and cared for by their handlers. In the evening we have a traditional dinner followed by a cultural show performed by local tribesmen. Overnight in Sauraha. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 6Chitwan National Park This morning we have a sunrise breakfast picnic at the 20,000 lakes. We travel here by jeep and have the opportunity to watch the mist rise from the lakes as the sun rises in the morning. After breakfast we continue with a jeep safari through the park where we have the opportunity to spot some wildlife along the way. From here we travel back to our hotel where we have the rest of the day free to just relax. Or we may have the opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the friendly elephants by helping bathe them in the river. Overnight in Sauraha. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 7Chitwan - Bandipur After breakfast we travel to Bandipur for around 2-3 hours. Bandipur is a beautiful mountain town located on a hill with incredible views over the Himalayas and the surrounding area. It features historic Newari style traditional houses as it was once on the trans-himalayan trade route and there are no vehicles which spoil it’s quaint cobble stone streets. After having lunch we can have a stroll around this village and talk to the friendly locals. At sunset we can visit the oval viewpoint where we can watch the sunset over the valley with the peaks of the Himalayas prominent above. Overnight in Bandipur. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 8Bandipur - Pokhara Before dawn we have the opportunity to walk to a hill above the town which is the home of a small temple. From here we can enjoy the first light glinting on the Himalayas to the north as well as the rising of the mist in the valley tinged with the first golden rays of the sun. After breakfast back at our hotel we travel by vehicle to Pokhara. Pokhara is a beautiful lakeside town that although touristy is very charming and laid back. Nestled by a picturesque lake with the Annapurna Range in close proximity dominating the views. We have the afternoon free to just relax or explore. At sunset it’s a great idea to head down to the lake to capture a beautiful sunset with the colorful boats dominating the scene. Overnight in Pokhara. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 9Pokhara We start the day with sunrise at Sarangkot. This popular viewpoint features incredible views of the mountain ranges of the Himalayas to the north. Particularly iconic is the sight of Mt Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) and the peaks of the Annapurna’s. Here we can watch the sunrise light up the snow capped peaks before enjoying breakfast and a little walk around to explore the area. From here we can visit the Tibetan Refugee camps and also to Devi’s Falls. In the afternoon we head out on a boat trip on the lake where we can further enjoy the views of the mountains reflected in it’s tranquil waters. Overnight in Pokhara. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 10Pokhara – flight to Jomsom - Kagbeni An early morning flight to Jomsom is the highlight of our morning. It is an exciting flight as the plane flies up the valley between the towering peaks of Mt Annapurna and Mt Dhauligiri before landing in Jomsom (2700m). From Jomsom we take a jeep ride through the Kali Gandaki Gorge into the legendary kingdom of Mustang. It’s a stark contrast to the scenery in the south as it’s in the rain shadow and features more Tibetan style architecture set amongst rocky hills and deep gorges under snow capped peaks. The jeep takes us to Kagbeni where we find ourselves lost in the labyrinth of lanes, interspersed with prayer wheels and lined by seemingly crumbling mud walled houses with red bordered windows. This ancient place is alive with life, animals, children and pilgrims. The 700 year old monastery is worth a visit and we can spend the rest of the day exploring the village and surrounding area. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 11Kagbeni – Lupra - Jomsom After an opportunity for some early morning photography and breakfast our day starts with an optional trek to Jomsom via Lupra. This allows us to capture some incredible views of Kagbeni from the ridge top along with a 360 degree view of the region. We trek through very stark rocky country before arriving in Lupra on the other side of a rocky gorge. Lupra is a very ancient settlement with it’s old world charm and traditional way of life predominant. It is very Tibetan and is typical of life and architecture in the Mustang region. We have the opportunity to visit an ancient Bon monastery and to enjoy this place which is not often visited by tourists. If trekking is not your style then you can opt for a vehicle to Jomsom and spend the rest of the day exploring and resting. Overnight in Jomsom. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 12Jomsom – Pokhara – Begnas Lake Village Homestay This morning we have an early flight back to Pokhara. Sit back and enjoy what is the most beautiful mountain flight in Nepal. On arrival in Pokhara we will travel to nearby Begnas Lake. Here we will stay in a village homestay and have the opportunity to experience traditional village life. We can watch the women working in the fields, feeding the animals, visit the local school and enjoy the taste of freshly roasted corn from the fields (depending on the time of year). Overnight in Begnas Lake. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 13Begnas Lake Village Homestay We have the opportunity this morning to enjoy a beautiful sunrise by Begnas Lake. A return to our homestay for breakfast and then the rest of the day to explore the village, visit and photograph the locals and play with the children. We can just chill out for the day and soak up what is a very simple but rewarding way of life. In the afternoon we can enjoy a tranquil boat ride on Begnas Lake. Overnight in Begnas Lake. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 14Pokhara to Kathmandu flight then Kathmandu sightseeing A short flight this morning and we return the Kathmandu where we start our exploration of some of the incredible sights in this fascinating city. In the afternoon we will walk (optional taxi) to SwayambhunathStupa (Monkey Temple), located on a hill in the northwest of the valley it features steep stairs on the way up. Swayambhunath is a significant site for both Buddhists and Hindus and has wonderful views of the city below. The stupa is magnificent with it’s stark white base with shiny golden top and striking Buddha eyes. We have the chance to capture the last light on the stupa, the sunset over the valley and hopefully the stupa as it is lit up in the evening. Overnight in Kathmandu. Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 15Kathmandu sightseeing Our sightseeing starts in the late morning when we can walk through the labyrinth of narrow streets past the local markets selling vegetables and local wares. Our destination is the Kathmandu Durbar Square and the Hanuman Dokha (the Royal Palace). We can wander through and see the ancient temples, see the home of the Kumari Princess and enjoy tea in one of the rooftop café’s watching the activity below. After lunch we travel to Pashupatinath – it is one of the most important places for Hindu’s in Nepal and is a popular pilgrimage place. This is where the cremation pyres are situated and we can witness a cremation on the banks of the river that flows through here. Equally enjoyable (and very photogenic) is the chance to take photo’s of colorful sadhu’s with their painted faces, colorful garb and dreadlocked hair. We end the day at Boudhanathstupa. This is a very important place for Tibetan pilgrims and we can marvel at this magnificent stupa as well as visit the monasteries that surround it. At sunset we have the opportunity to watch the sun setting with the magnificent vista of the stupa and the surrounding city from one of the rooftop café’s. Overnight in Kathmandu.Included meals – breakfast.
- Day 16Departure Day Today our trip ends. You will be escorted to the airport for your flight by one of our representatives. Included meals – breakfast.
Nepal Won Our Hearts
I travel to Nepal with 2 Girlfriends May 2017, Arjun Jamkatel, Saroj Thapa and Ramsaran Bhatta of Nepal Mountain Hub(NMH) were our Tour Guides for 14days. We travelled to Mountains - Sacred Sites n Animal breeding farms n learnt the ancient history of Nepal!! Our Guides attention to detail n experience created a Life-time experience we will never forget!!! As 1st Time female travellers to Nepal we always felt safe n cared for by NMH. We return to Nepal again in October 2018 and we are looking forward to further adventures with the Team of NMH! If your looking for highly skilled ,experienced and caring Guides go no further than NMH. Your experience like ours will be Life-changing!!
Optional Mountain Flight
If you desire to get up close and personal with the might Himalayas, then perhaps a Mountain Flight is for you. You will have the opportunity on the mornings of day 15 or 16 to partake in this fabulous journey. The flights take up to 50 minutes and fly you within around 30km of Mount Everest, and past a whole host of other 7000 and 8000+ meter peaks. Everyone gets a window seat, but be aware that you are photographing through a window of a small plane and conditions may not always be ideal to get that perfect mountain shot. However, if you look upon the flight as an amazing experience to see Everest and other Himalayan peaks from this unique perspective, don’t miss the opportunity. Costs around USD190.