This amazing trek includes the best scenery in the Everest Region. A highlight of the trip is the Gokyo Lakes area with blue lakes amongst snow capped peaks. It is incredibly scenic and beautiful with some of the most amazing picture perfect scenery in the region.
Starting with a flight into Lukla airport, the most incredible mountain airport in the world. Enjoy visiting some monasteries in the region and learning about the culture of the Sherpa people and their Buddhist traditions. We challenge ourselves crossing the Cho La Pass and along the way get to experience some awe inspiring mountain scenery and close up views of glaciers.
Finish the trip with a visit to Everest Base Camp and cross it off the bucket list. Then climb to the top of Kala Pattar and finish the trip with the most incredible mountain panorama of the “top of the world”.
This trip is suited to adventurous people of good health and fitness. Perfect for photographers and those that love epic mountain scenery.
- Lukla Airport – the most incredible mountain airport in the world.
- Monasteries and rich Sherpa culture of the region.
- Monks performing their afternoon prayers in Tengboche Monastery.
- Picturesque Namche Bazaar – the main hub of the region.
- Gokyo Lakes – the most photogenic spot in the region.
- Crossing the Cho La Pass – a challenge but rewarding with incredible views.
- Everest Base Camp – the starting point for Everest expeditions.
- Kala Pattar – the postcard panoramic viewpoint of the Everest Range.
- Day 01:Kathmandu Arrival
- Day 02:Fly to Lukla (2840m) then trek to Phakding (2610m) 8.5km 4 hrs
- Day 03:Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 10.5km 6-8 hrs
- Day 04:Namche – acclimatization day
- Day 05:Namche (3440m) to Mongla (4010m) 6 hrs
- Day 06:Mongla (4010m) to Machermo (4400m) 6hrs
- Day 07:Machermo (4400m) to Gokyo (4750m) 5-6hrs
- Day 08:Gokyo day trip to Fifth Lake (4980m) 9km 6 hrs
- Day 09:Climb GokyoRi (5357m) 6km 4 hrs then Gokyo (4750m) to Thangnak (4680m) 5km 3-4 hrs
- Day 10:Thangnak (4680m) to Cho La Pass (5368m) to Dzongla (4830m) 9.5km 8-10hrs
- Day 11:Dzongla (4830m) to Lobuche (4940m) 7km 4-6 hrs
- Day 12:Lobuche (4940m) to GorakShep (5170m) 4-6 hrs
- Day 13:GorakShep (5170m) to Everest Base Camp (5300m) 8km 4-6 hrs
- Day 14:GorakShep (5170m) to Kala Pattar (5545m) return 4.2km 4 hrs to Lobuche (4940m) 3hrs
- Day 15:Lobuche (4940m) to Tengboche (3860m) 8 hours
- Day 16:Tengboche (3860m) to Namche (3440m) 12 km 4-6 hrs
- Day 17:Namche (3440m) to Lukla (2840m) 19 km 6-8 hrs
- Day 18:Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 19:Departure day
- All accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- All domestic flights and transportation as stated in the itinerary
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Trekking fees and permits
- Set meals during trekking (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- One porter per 2 people and local mountain guide for your group
- Insurances for porters and guides
- Farewell dinner and cultural show
- International flights to Nepal
- Visa costs
- Meals other than those listed in inclusions (this includes additional tea or coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and water)
- Laundry, towels, hot showers where optional, internet access, recharging of batteries and other items of a personal nature
- Donations to enter monasteries, museums etc
- Tips for porters and guides
- Day 1Kathmandu Arrival It’s arrival day today and you will be picked up by our representative from the airport and transferred to your hotel. Tonight we will have a tour briefing and make final preparations for our trek.Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 2Fly to Lukla (2840m) then trek to Phakding (2610m) 8.5km 4 hrs It’s an exciting morning with a scenic mountain flight to Lukla, the most amazing airport in the world. Be sure to get a seat on the left hand side of the plane so you can see the peaks of the Himalayas on the way. On arrival in Lukla we stop for some breakfast beside the airport where we can watch the planes arriving. After breakfast it’s an easy walk to Phakding where we can explore the surrounding area or just rest after our first day trekking. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 3Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 10.5km 6-8 hrs We begin the day at Phakding and walk along the gorge past waterfalls and beautiful scenery until we arrive at the highest suspension bridge on our trek. From here it’s a steep uphill (and one of the hardest climbs on the trek) climb for around 4 hours before arriving at Namche Bazaar. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 4Namche – acclimatization day This morning we walk above Namche via the NamcheGompa (Monastery) where we can learn a little about the traditional Buddhist Monasteries and Sherpa history of the region. On climbing the hill above Namche we can view the Everest View Hotel and get a panoramic view of the mountain ranges that surround us. We also can get a great view of Mt Everest from this spot. We return to Namche via the Syangboche Airstrip and have the afternoon free for last minute shopping or watching the Sherpa movie at one of the local café’s.Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 5Namche (3440m) to Mongla (4010m) 6 hrs Leaving Namche this morning we head for Khumjung via the Everest View Hotel where we can stop for some tea. Then we head to Khumjung where we can see the Hilary School and the yeti skull that resides n the Khumjung Monastery. After lunch we follow the trail around the hillside to the village of Mongla. Perched on the top of the pass of the 2 valleys it has panoramic views all around. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 6Mongla (4010m) to Machermo (4400m) 6hrs Our day starts with a walk through dense rhododendron forest complete with hanging moss and waterfalls before arriving at Dhole where we stop for lunch. From here our view ahead is of the Cho Oyu Range as we trek through the picturesque river valley of the DudhKosi. We are now walking along the ridge up the valley and the vegetation is a lot more barren. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 7Machermo (4400m) to Gokyo (4750m) 5-6hrs We walk up the valley today and begin to near the Ngozumba Glacier before a little climb and our arrival at the first lake in Gokyo. From there it’s a walk past lake 2 before we arrive at lake 3 and the picturesque village of Gokyo. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 8Gokyo day trip to Fifth Lake (4980m) 9km 6 hrs Today is an optional hike out to the fifth lake. With astounding views of not only Cho Oyu (8201m) but of the whole Everest range through a gap in the mountains. With more to see of Everest than Kala Pattar it is often referred to as the “scoundrels viewpoint”. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 9Climb GokyoRi (5357m) 6km 4 hrs then Gokyo (4750m) to Thangnak (4680m) 5km 3-4 hrsFor sunrise our goal is to climb GokyoRi, a steep trail on a rocky hill opposite Gokyo. From here we can see a breathtaking panorama of peaks including Mt Everest and the closer peaks of Taboche and Cholatse. We return to Gokyo for breakfast before heading out across the Ngozumpa Glacier with fabulous mountain views across barren but stunning scenery to Thankgnak, a little village located at the start of the valley heading to the Cho La Pass. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 10Thangnak (4680m) to Cho La Pass (5368m) to Dzongla (4830m) 9.5km 8-10hrs Today we head off and cross the Cho La Pass on a steep path with stunning mountain scenery all around. The mountains here seem incredibly close. The views across the pass are stunning, as is the glacier at the top of the pass. This is the most difficult day of this trek and will require mental and physical fortitude. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 11Dzongla (4830m) to Lobuche (4940m) 7km 4-6 hrs Waking in Dzongla to the mesmerizing sight of Cholatse looming over the lodges we head off past the Chola Lake. The view is stunning withCholatse rising above the lake and is an incredible photo opportunity. On arrival in Lobuche which is a beautiful small village surrounded by huge peaks there is an opportunity to climb the hill beside for some great late afternoon photo’s (weather permitting). Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 12Lobuche (4940m) to GorakShep (5170m) 4-6 hrs The trail to GorakShep runs through a gully that has the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier on the right hand side. It is a landscape of stark grandeur with magnificent peaks all around. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 13GorakShep (5170m) to Everest Base Camp (5300m) 8km 4-6 hrs Everest Base Camp is a stark and lifeless place. Nestled at the foot of Mt Everest and other massive peaks and perched on the edge of the Khumbu Glacier. It is a beautiful and yet barren place. With strange boulders perched on top of one another and interesting ice formations. This is the starting point for many of the climbing expeditions to Mt Everest. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 14GorakShep (5170m) to Kala Pattar (5545m) return 4.2km 4 hrs to Lobuche (4940m) 3hrs Early morning we trek to Kala Pattar, a steep rocky hill with a close up view of Mt Everest and the peaks surrounding it. This is the classic view of the Everest range. After lunch at GorakShep we head down to Lobuche for the night. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 15Lobuche (4940m) to Tengboche (3860m) 8 hours We head back down the valley with the ImjaKhola below with picture perfect scenery, raging river crossings and AmaDablam close by. We visit beautiful Tengboche which is nestled on the hilltop surrounded by mountains. The highlight of our day is the opportunity to watch the monks in the Tengboche Monastery performing their afternoon ritual. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 16Tengboche (3860m) to Namche (3440m) 12 km 4-6 hrs It’s a fairly easy walk today along the mountainside with stunning views as we head back to Namche today. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 17Namche (3440m) to Lukla (2840m) 19 km 6-8 hrs It’s quite a long walk back to Lukla today but as it’s all downhill it’s not difficult. Included meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Day 18Lukla to Kathmandu Today we fly back to Kathmandu where we can do some shopping in Thamel or sightseeing. This evening we will have a group farewell dinner and cultural show.Overnight in Kathmandu. Included meals – breakfast, dinner.
- Day 19Departure day You are free to depart at any time. Transfer to the airport will be arranged for you.
This itinerary may differ slightly during your tour. Occasionally itineraries need to change to allow for weather conditions, transportation , travellers desires etc. It is recommended that you allow an additional 1-2 days before your international flight to allow for mountain airport delays and other unforeseen circumstances.